Looking for fun family time ideas? Having a good time as a family doesn’t always have to mean spending a ton of money by going out. Sometimes the best memories are the ones you make at home or at the park. I’ve come up with 6 fun family time ideas that are friendly on your family’s budget and still very much fun and memorable for your children.
• Go to the park– It’s free, it’s fun, and it’s a great way to create lasting memories with your children. Your kids will always remember that you took the time to play with them. You’re never too old to play at the park. Bring along your baseball and glove, your Frisbee, a picnic blanket and board games or some books and just enjoy some tech-free family time.
• Pack a picnic lunch– Pack up a picnic lunch and a blanket and you can have lunch anywhere you want. Take it to the park, take a hike and eat at the top of a hill with a pretty view, the choice is yours. Turn it into an adventure. o Check out this awesome blog post featuring 50+ Fun Kids Picnic Ideas from Kids Activities Blog.
• Video game night– Pull out those video games you normally limit your children’s time on. Our favorite games? We love the wii and PS3 Move games because they get us up and moving and sometimes they’re just downright funny to watch everyone play. Just Dance is one of my personal favorites. You can read our Just Dance 2015 review if you want to see what it’s all about.
• Movie night at home– My husband and I are famous (Okay, “famous” is a strong word) among my daughter’s teenage friends for this. We stock up on soda, candy bars, popcorn, basically everything we don’t normally let the kids eat and then we all watch a fun family-friendly movie together in the comfort of our own home. My sister takes this idea one step further in her family and often has themes to go along with the movie. For example, around Christmas when they watch the Grinch she makes cookies and green Grinch shakes. You can be as creative as you like and make this a really fun family night.
o Check out my list of 50 Family Movies that we love for some movie night ideas.
o I love this free printable family movie night planner from Yellow Bliss Road.
• Board games– Ditch the electronics and go old school. Pull out the board games and make an evening of it. We love Connect 4 Launchers, Monopoly Jr (when we play with my 8yo), Uno Attack, Life, and Scrabble.
• Go for a walk– Just get out of the house and spend time talking to each other. This is a great time to talk to the kids about their day, their lives, their friends, their feelings, etc.
o Check out this free printable Nature Scavenger Hunt and City Scavenger Hunt for kids.
• Follow my Family Night Ideas Pinterest board for more awesome and fun family time ideas!
Follow Miranda Lawton’s board Family Night Ideas on Pinterest.