Thank you Brain Chase and The Motherhood for sponsoring today’s blog post. While we’ve been compensated for our time this is a product we really love, one we’ll be using, and all opinions are our own.
Did you know that by the end of summer our children perform academically 1-2 months behind where they left off from school in the spring? (based on a 2011 RAND study) This is where Brain Chase comes in. It’s an online learning challenge that makes your kids WANT to spend time learning during their precious summer time! For the first time ever my eight year old is begging me to do learning activities during the summer. That right there is a miracle! I’ve spent so much money and countless hours trying to work with him over summer breaks only to find he’s not interested and it becomes a bit of a struggle. We are both SO excited about the 2015 Brain Chase Sunstone of Cortés challenge!
What is Brain Chase?
• Brain Chase is a 5-week online summer learning challenge for 2nd through 8th graders
• A massive global treasure hunt powered by reading, writing and math
• A learning adventure to prevent summer brain drain
• A motivational tool for getting kids to do online academic work during the summer
• A personalized learning platform
• A hunt for a golden mechanical treasure
• A $10,000 scholarship and trophy for the winner of the scavenger hunt.
You can learn more about Brain Chase on my previous post here or by visiting their website at BRAINCHASE.COM or check out this video that explains everything you need to know about how Brain Chase works below:
The 2015 Brain Chase challenge is to find the Sunstone of Cortés, a mysterious calendar stolen from the Aztec empire by Hernan Cortés in the 1500s. Kids join Mae Merriweather, her brother Max, athletic Sean Drake, and former nemesis Savannah Bryce to find the fictional Sunstone of Cortés… and the real one!
Brain Chase Also Includes:
• Weekly writing exercises with feedback from credentialed teachers
• Weekly progress reports emailed to parents
• Exclusive access to an original animated adventure series loaded with hidden puzzles and clues
• 3 adventure tools mailed to your home to help solve special bonus challenges
• Participation in a massive global treasure hunt for a golden trophy containing the key to a safe deposit box holding $10,000
Here’s a sneak peek at the awesome decoder and problem-solving pieces your child will receive when they sign up for the 2015 challenge.
Basically, your child will log on for about an hour every day 4-5 days a week and complete reading, math, and writing (or language) assignments. My son decided to opt for learning Spanish and he can’t wait to begin. Each week you have four tasks: read online for 15 minutes each day, earn 10,000 energy points on Khan Academy, do one bonus challenge, and complete either writing or language assignments.While learning assignments are to be completed for your child, you’re encouraged to work on the treasure hunt clues together so this is an amazing and unique family time experience as well.
If you have children in the 2nd-8th grade who would really like to join in the 2015 Summer Brain Chase Learning Challenge, We’re offering our readers an exclusive coupon code for 15% the cost of enrollment. 94% of parents agreed that Brain Chase helped their children stay sharp over the summer. (Based on a survey of families who participated in the 2014 challenge.)
How to sign up:
The Brain Chase summer learning challenge begins June 22nd at 9 a.m. so it’s time to register! Enter our exclusive coupon code at registration, BRIGHTSIDE15 , to save 15%! It’s easy to sign up at http://brainchase.com.
One winner will score a complimentary registration for their child! I wish you all the best of luck!