Today’s giveaway and review is sponsored by Divine Walls. I have been given product for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s so EASY to learn how to apply vinyl wall decals!
I have many wall decals in my home and I love them. They take only a few minutes to apply and they add a special touch to the room. They’re a non-committal way to change a room so if you’re living in a rental or you just don’t want a permanent change to your walls then vinyl wall decals are the way to go. I’ve never had a single one damage my walls and I’ve been able to apply them all perfectly even though I have textured walls.
To start, find a wall decal that you love. I really love DivineWalls.com, they’re a wonderful Christian company that specializes in Bible verse and inspiring wall decals. There’s so many different decal options and when you find the perfect one you can choose your colors and the size to customize it. When they reached out to me I was so excited. I’d just ordered some large canvas photos that were taken on my wedding day and I wanted a really special way to display them in my living room. What better way to do that than with a sweet wall decal that is a reminder of the amazing blessings I have in my life?
Divine Walls was wonderful to work with. I chose the “Count Your Many Blessings Name Them One By One” wall decal in black and ice blue in size 46″ x 14.8″ and I just love the way it looks with my wedding photo canvases. The wall decal arrived quickly in a protective shipping tube so it arrived safe and sound on my doorstep.
Here’s a few more of my favorites…
Exclusive Coupon Code
Divine Walls is offering my readers an exclusive 30% off coupon for any item in their shop. That’s a really awesome discount on a really nice product. Use coupon code: dtHsWHE8
How To Apply a Vinyl Wall Decal on Textured Walls
Love the look of vinyl wall decals but you aren’t sure what it would look like on your textured walls? I have applied many wall decals around my home and I can assure you that while it can be a little more challenging to apply, it’s still an easy way to change the look of a room and it looks amazing!
- Basically you begin exactly as you would if you were applying to a flat surface. Make sure your wall is clean and allow to dry before trying to apply the decal.
- Before removing the backing mark where you want to place the decal.
- Pull off the backing and carefully place the decal in the area your marked and prepared.
- Use a credit card to go over the entire surface several times, paying careful attention to each letter.
- Begin to remove the top paper that covers the vinyl design. I do this by very slowly and carefully pulling from the left and the top as needed. You’ll need to take your time with this and use both hands. When you’re working with textured walls it’s more likely that you’ll come across parts of the vinyl that haven’t attached to the wall yet and you don’t want to tear the letters.
- As you pull back the paper you may find that some letters begin to pull along with the paper. Carefully place the paper back against the wall and run your credit card pressing down on the letter ensuring it’s attached before pulling on the paper again. You’ll need to do this with each letter and design. Keep in mind when you’re working with textured walls it’s not going to look perfect until the next step, so a couple small creases or edges not attaching quite right are okay for now.
- After the paper is removed go over every single part of the wall decal and press down firmly to ensure it’s attached to the wall perfectly. This will help you work through the air bubbles or letters that aren’t firmly attached quite right if needed as well.
- You’re finished! Enjoy your beautiful new wall decal. See, even textured walls can be made beautiful.
Enter to win!
Love this wall decal? You can enter to win a $50 Divine Walls Gift Certificate by entering below! Giveaway begins 7/15 and ends 7/30 at 9PM PST. Good luck!