This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
School is back in session. For my family this means making sure that my children have awesome lunches to keep them going throughout the day. Okay, so my 14 year old is NOT on board with this but my 9 year old LOVES his cool homemade lunches. My homemade baked chicken nuggets recipe is something that both of my kids can agree on though so this time I win.
How do you do it?
Here’s my little secret… I use healthy Sun Harvest items from Smart & Final in their lunches. They have a huge selection of Sun Harvest items to choose from and I feel good about the choices I’m making for my children. For this particular lunch box idea I used Sun Harvest Simply Garden Salad which I love because it’s pre washed, ready to go, and comes in a huge 3 pound bag. I also used whole carrots to make the star-shaped cutouts using my mini cutters to top the salad with. To make my homemade baked chicken nuggets recipe I used Sun Harvest boneless skinless chicken breast fillets. Sun Harvest uses only free range chicken that has no added hormones so I know I’m giving my kids the best. I fill my son’s drink container with a little apple juice for a special lunch time treat…seriously, this apple juice tastes SO good!
Sun Harvest items range from organic items (produce, coffee, quinoa, etc. to name a few) to products that are all-natural with no hormones added, to natural cleaning products that are earth-friendly and biodegradable. You can find all of these products at your local Smart & Final here…
Homemade Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (we prefer Sun Harvest)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1 C. dried bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with grease.
- Lay plastic wrap over a cutting board. Place chicken breasts on top and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Use a meat hammer to flatten chicken breasts so that they’re the same thickness throughout.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized shapes.
- In a small bowl mix the two eggs well with a whisk.
- In a second medium sized bowl you’ll place all of your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Dip chicken pieces into the egg so that it’s coated entirely.
- Then coat with the dry mixture evenly. I just roll the chicken in it so that it’s covered well.
- Place each piece onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes turning about halfway through.
- Always check your meat to ensure it’s cooked all the way through. You can always pop it back in the oven for a few minutes if needed. Refrigerate any leftovers.
These are actually quite easy to make and use minimal ingredients that you most likely already keep in your pantry. They’re perfect for your child’s lunch box, a yummy lunch, or a quick dinner.
Free Printable Lunch Box Notes To Make Your Kids Smile Every Day
Serve your kiddos their lunch with our free (and super cute) printable lunch box notes. They’ll love getting these sweet little notes in their lunch box. I like to write a personal message on the back of them. My son really looks forward to these every day. Download here.
A New Grocery Delivery Service
Some Smart & Final locations are rolling out a cool new grocery delivery service. You can order online through Instacart and schedule a delivery or pickup for your groceries. All the busy parents just did a happy dance. Yep, that means no more shopping for an hour with a fussy baby or a whiny toddler. That means more time for you to concentrate on other things.
Smart & Final May Be Coming To Your Area!
If you don’t have a Smart & Final in your area there’s a good chance you’ll have one soon. For the remainder of 2015, Smart & Final is scheduled to open 16 additional Smart & Final Extra! stores including three store conversions. Also, to highlight their history and growth, Smart & Final has announced it’s re-branding which will place the ampersand (“&”) – already in the 144-year old company’s name – front and center to showcase the company’s relationship with both its customers and the communities it serves. The new campaign aims to tell the story of what the value-oriented food and staples retailer has become. You can watch their new commercial here.
Enter the Sun Harvest Sweepstakes!
- Show your favorite Sun Harvest item on Twitter and Instagram. Tag your photo with #SFSunHarvestSweeps for your chance to win!
- You could win a $100 SmartCash card
- 20 winners will be chosen
- Contest runs August 26 – September 1
- URL: smartandfinal.com/SunHarvestSweepstakes