This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
My children and I love Halloween. There’s just something magical about dressing up in fun costumes, visiting family and neighbors, and sharing delicious treats. There’s nothing I love more than cute Halloween food ideas for kids and today I’ve got you covered with my easy and spooky mummy soda and monster OREO cookie pops. Also, I designed some really cute green and purple “Happy Halloween” straw flag Halloween printables to share with you to make your family’s Halloween party extra special by adding a little extra cuteness to your dessert and drink table.
Depending on your party size you can create this adorable little party spread in under 45 minutes. I purchased Fanta 8-pack mini cans because they’re the perfect size for little hands and an OREO Glow-in-the-dark 30-ct. package. The OREO cookies don’t glow (so don’t freak out), just the packaging glows, and they’re SO cool! They’re the perfect Halloween party treat and also great for passing out when those trick-or-treaters come to your door. I found both products at Walmart.
Spooky Mummy Soda Cans Tutorial
What you’ll need:
- Fanta Orange Soda 8-pack mini cans
- rolled gauze ( I found that one roll covers about 2-2.5 cans)
- glue dots or hot glue
- white paper
- googly eyes
- Cut the white paper to about 3.5″x 8.5″ and tape or glue to the mini soda can.
- Use glue to secure gauze to the back of your can and wrap around the can to cover the white paper.
- Use glue or tape to secure the gauze, again on the back of the can just because you don’t want the ends showing. You can also tuck the end of the gauze under itself and then secure it so it won’t show. It’s up to you.
- Lightly and very carefully pull at the gauze in various places and around the edges to give it a frayed look.
- Move gauze around as needed so that you can place your googly eyes. Secure with glue dots or hot glue.
No Halloween party is complete without these adorable (I mean scary) monster OREO Cookie Pops Recipe.
How to Make Halloween OREO Monster Cookie Pops
What you’ll need:
- OREO Cookies
- purple, green, or orange candy melts
- cake pop or lollipop sticks
- eye candies
- wax paper
- Melt candy melts in the microwave in 15 second increments. Stir in between heating. Avoid burning.
- Carefully separate OREO cookies.
- Dip the end of the cake pop stick into the candy melt and place into the center of the OREO.
- Place other half of the OREO on top and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Dip each OREO into the candy melt. When finished place onto wax paper and top with candy eyes. I found 5 eyes to be the perfect amount.
- Let dipped OREO cookie pops sit for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate if you want to speed the process.
Free Printable Halloween Straw Flags
Love these straw flags? Awesome! You can download them right here for free to print at home because I made them just for you! DOWNLOAD STRAW FLAGS
Looking for more Halloween food and recipe ideas? Be sure to check the awesome recipe creation that Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab has created for a Walmart-exclusive that combines both Fanta and OREO products. This recipe will be hosted exclusively on the #SpookySnacks website which you can find here.