This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveABox #CollectiveBias
As you may have heard, some select boxes of Cheerios™ and Honey Nut Cheerios™ produced over two weeks in July at the Lodi, California plant, have been recalled due to a wheat allergen. This recall only affects consumers with Celiac disease or a gluten-sensitivity. To learn more about the recall, and if your product is affected please go to: http://blog.generalmills.com/.
You’ll Love This Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars Recipe!
For as long as I can remember Cheerios ™ have been in my cupboards. I loved them growing up and my own kids were both so infatuated with Cheerios ™ when they were small that it was quite normal to see them walking around the house with their little Cheerios ™ snack holder and at one time in my life I had a blog called Keeper of the Cheerios because that’s pretty much all I was. I can remember finding Cheerios ™ everywhere when my kids were small; in between couch cushions, in the car, inside my purse, on the kitchen floor. While I don’t have that blog anymore and my children aren’t so little, now ages 9 and 14, we still eat Cheerios ™ regularly in our home.
About Buy A Box. Give A Free Box.
So, this is really cool, and I bet you don’t know it yet but Cheerios ™ is getting ready to roll out a whole new Gluten Free line. Cool right? Don’t worry, I’ve tried it. They taste EXACTLY the same as the regular ones…really, they do! Now they’re just more friendly for our friends and family on Gluten Free diets. Also, to celebrate, starting in September, you’ll be able to give the gift of Cheerios ™ to a friend or loved one by picking up a specially marked package of Cheerios ™ in Walmart stores. Five products; original Cheerios ™ in the Yellow Box, Honey Nut, Multi-Grain, Apple Cinnamon and Frosted Cheerios ™, will be going Gluten Free.
Each box of Cheerios ™ will have a unique code which you’ll be able to enter online. Then you’ll be able to send an e-card and have a coupon for a free box of Cheerios ™ mailed to the recipient of your choice!
In case you’re wondering, I’m using my code to send a free box of Cheerios ™ to my older sister who has 4 little boys that go through Cheerios ™ like crazy.
This is such an easy thing to do. It literally only took me a 1 minute. After you’ve gotten your own box of Gluten Free Cheerios ™ and you pull your code off of the front, visit the Cheerios ™ “Give A Box” Website. Once there, click on “enter code here.”
It just asks for your activation code, your name, your email, and your friend’s name and email. No need to know their address.
After, you’ll be given the option to include a message to your friend or family member and you’ll be able to pick out an e-card. There’s some cute e-cards to choose from like this “Taste Buds” one.
I chose to send my sister this e-card… “Someone cares a lot about you. Cereously.”
After you’ve added your info, written your own message and selected your e-card, you confirm your options and that’s it. You just sent your friend a box of Cheerios ™!
The best part? Now you can use Cheerios ™ in your Gluten Free recipes… very cool for people like my youngest sister who have a restricted diet but who enjoy a special treat now and again. Gone are the days when eating Gluten Free meant eating boring. I created these delicious No Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cereal Bars with my little sister in mind… always in search of a yummy dessert that she can actually eat.
No-Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cereal Bars Recipe
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 1/4 C. Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 C. Peanut Butter, Creamy
- 6 C. Honey Nut Cheerios ™
- 1 C. Chocolate Chips
- Prepare a 15×10 glass baking dish by lightly greasing.
- Add sugar and corn syrup to a large pan. Cook over medium-low heat. Stir continually until the sugar is dissolved. Be careful not to overcook.
- You’ll need to move really fast in this next part so make sure you have everything measured out and ready to go.
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter and mix well.
- Mix in the Cheerios ™ and stir until they’re well coated but quickly so that it doesn’t start to harden.
- Spread evenly into your prepared pan and use your hands to press down gently to flatten out.
- Let sit for about 3-5 minutes.
- slice while still warm and remove each bar carefully from the baking dish.
- For the chocolate drizzle I’ve found it’s easiest to do about 3 bars at a time.
- Heat chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Stir. Continue in 15 second increments and stir in between. Avoid burning your chocolate.
- Spoon chocolate into a sandwich bag, let air out, and seal. Cut a very very small portion of the bottom corner of the bag to create a tip.
- Drizzle chocolate over each bar.
- Place in freezer for about 3-5 minutes to help set the chocolate. Remove and serve immediately or save for later.
This peanut butter and chocolate cereal bars recipe looks too good to be gluten free, doesn’t it? My kids were swarming the kitchen before these were even done. They smell amazing, look delicious, and taste wonderful!
Give the gift of Cheerios ™ by visiting the Cheerios “Give a Box” website and while you’re there check out how they make Gluten Free Cheerios because it’s actually really interesting.