This coffin pop tarts recipe for Halloween will be loved by kids and grown-ups! If you’re looking for Halloween food for kids that is easy to make (and still tastes delicious) then you’re going to love this recipe for these super cute coffin pop tarts pastries. These Coffin Pop Tarts are perfect for a Halloween breakfast if you’re looking for ideas, because these pastries are delicious and super fun to make!
Coffin Pop Tarts Halloween Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- Ready to Bake Rolled Pie Crust
- Jelly (Your favorite flavor. I used seedless blackberry)
- Vanilla Frosting (I used Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla)
- Piping Bag or Sandwich Bag With a very small section of the corner cut off
- Wilton Coffin Cookie Cutter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the pie crust and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut 12 coffin shapes from the pie crust dough.
- Place six of the pie crust coffins on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Spoon a small amount of jelly into the center of the pie crust as shown. Be sure to keep the filling away from the pastry edges so your pop tarts don’t leak in the oven.
- Place the remaining pie crust coffin pieces on top of the jelly so that all the sides match up.
- Use the tines of a fork to seal the edges of each pop tart.
- Prick the top of your tarts with the fork tines to allow steam to escape while cooking.
- Bake your pop tarts for about 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Allow your coffin pastries to cool completely.
- Fill a piping bag or sandwich bag with vanilla frosting.
- Cut a small hole in one end of the bag and use it to pipe a spiderweb design on top or you could decorate with some fun Halloween sprinkles instead.