This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
To celebrate the release of our favorite summer movie on Blu-Ray/DVD earlier this month, on December 8, 2015, we had our own little Minions movie night and made the best Minion Funfetti Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe, minion bananas (BANANA!), and blueberries with a whipped strawberry fruit dip. Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. is easily one of our family’s favorite movies. How can you not love Bob, Stuart, and Kevin?!
I won’t spoil the movie for you in case you haven’t seen it yet but all you need to know is that before Gru, the evil villain we all fell in love with in Despicable Me
years ago, the minions were on a quest to find the most terrible villain of all which leads to an entire movie full of laughs that the whole family will enjoy. I will tell you that the ending is so cute and you should keep watching after the credits begin rolling because the fun doesn’t end there. If you’re still shopping for the holidays, the Minions movie would make a wonderful gift for the children and families in your life!
Check out the Minions movie website for updated information on where to purchase.
Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie is the inspiration for my funfetti buttermilk pancakes recipe but before I get to that let me tell you quickly how I made the whipped fruit dip. You won’t believe how easy it is! All you need is a container of extra creamy whipped cream and a container of whipped yogurt (any flavor will do but I prefer strawberry or raspberry.) Mix the two together until it’s well blended and then serve it with your favorite fruit. If you’re making your own minion bananas all you need is a food-safe marker, bananas, and the ability to draw some simple minion goggles.
I love making breakfast for dinner. It’s quick, easy, and doesn’t take a lot of prep time. You want the best pancake recipe ever? You’ve come to the right place. When you’re tired of mixes and want to make something from scratch, my funfetti pancakes recipe is sweet and delicious and is sure to become your new go-to recipe for special meals… it’s also perfect for a Minions family movie night! Don’t be surprised if your kids beg for minion pancakes in the future because they’re going to fall in love with the movie and the colorful sprinkles in these yummy pancakes!
Funfetti Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe (AKA Minions Pancakes)
- 1 C. Flour
- 3 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 C. Buttermilk
- 1 Egg, separated
- 2 TBSP. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 C. blue and yellow sprinkles (optional)
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Separate your egg white into one small bowl and the egg yolk into another small bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk with your egg white. Mix the egg yolk with the butter and then add to the buttermilk mixture and blend. This will still look slightly lumpy.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and mix well with a whisk.
- Add sprinkles and gently fold in. Don’t use a mixer for this part.
- Prepare pancakes using your preferred method. I use a 1/4 C. measuring cup to ensure my pancakes are all the same size. I like to heat my griddle up to about 250 degrees and cook until the pancake starts to cook around the edges or begins to bubble and then I flip and cook the other side to a nice golden color. Using the 1/4 C. measuring cup and this recipe as is I get about 8 pancakes.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles and enjoy!
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes inspired by the Minions movie release. I’d love to hear about your favorite movie night recipe in the comments below!