When it comes to cleaning your home you don’t always need to use harmful chemicals. These baking soda cleaning hacks will have your home sparkling clean and smelling fresh without the need to vent the room. Cleaning with baking soda is also affordable so you’ll save a little money on cleaners.
- Freshen up a smelly trash can.
- Sprinkle baking soda into the bottom of a smelly trash can to absorb stinky odors!
- Spot clean almost anything!
- Mix baking soda with water or a damp sponge and you can clean just about anything including dirty toys, tile, bath tubs, dirty counters, your microwave, etc. Tip: squeeze a little fresh lemon into the baking soda for a nice citrus scent.
- Keep your fridge smelling odor-free.
- Place a small open box of baking soda into your refrigerator. This helps absorb nasty food odors and keeps your fridge smelling fresh.
- Brighten your laundry.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your laundry detergent and you’ll keep your clothes extra bright and extra clean.
- Clean your dishwasher.
- Place 1 cup of baking soda into an empty dishwasher and run it on the hottest setting. At the end of the cycle your dishwasher will be clean!
- Deodorize a kitchen or bathroom drain.
- pour 1/2 cup of baking soda followed by 1/2 cup white vinegar down the drain. Cover with a wet towel to avoid overflow. Let it work for about 10 minutes and then run hot water for about 5 minutes. Keep in mind that you should not use this method if you’ve recently used a drain cleaning product or other cleaners.
- Safely clean your toilet.
- Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your toilet bowl and let sit for a few minutes. Scrub with a toilet brush and your toilet bowl will be clean and any bad odor should be gone as well.
What baking soda cleaning tips do you have?