Thank you Gymboree for inspiring today’s post about shopping with kids. We were sent clothing to assist us in our photos and a gift card as a thank you. We also want to thank Gymboree for sponsoring the awesome giveaway below!
Hey parents! Summer is over! You know what that means…the stress of shopping with kids… we’ve all been there, right? Back to school shopping can be fun or it can be a nightmare. I’ve teamed up with Gymboree and I’m sharing 5 tips to make shopping with your kids ONE BIG HAPPY shopping experience because it doesn’t have to be a stressful experience for you or the kids. Back to school shopping can be like one fun play day for you and your children!
5 Tips For Shopping With Your Kids
- Go through the clothes your kids already have & make a list. See what fits, what doesn’t, and then you can plan your back to school shopping accordingly. You want to make sure you have enough of everything for the school days ahead. Maybe you need 5 pairs of jeans, 10 shirts, a backpack, and a million pairs of socks because they keep disappearing, whatever it is add it to your list because this will save you time and the stress of having to go back to the store 2-3 times because you forgot something.
- Also, let your kids help you make that list. When your children feel involved in your plans it’s easier for them to get excited about the shopping trip to come. This can be a fun conversation to have with your kids to learn a little bit about their taste in fashion. Ask their favorite colors, what kinds of shoes they like, what colors they refuse to wear, etc. Conversations like this can be great memory makers!
- Shop at kid-friendly stores. I personally love taking my son and my niece to Gymboree whenever I can because their associates always help me and the Gymboree TV keeps my little (and my not so little anymore) entertained. This leaves me a few moments to browse and shop for the clothes I need for them. Plus, shopping really should be FUN! You’ll be happy, the kids will be happy, and you can spend the rest of the day enjoying your kids because you’ll all be in a great mood
- Let your kids help you pick out their clothes. I’ve looked at my kids often over the years and said, “Really? Are you sure?” Yes, they’re sure. They have their own personalities and their own style and sometimes you just have to roll with it. This is yet another reason I love Gymboree… it’s one of the few stores that my son can pick out his own clothes and we instantly agree. The styles are always “in” and the quality is always the best! Plus, he can usually mix and match everything we get there and that is incredibly helpful when you’re doing your back to school shopping.
- You’re done! You deserve an award mom (or dad)! When you’re done with your shopping take your little ones and treat yourselves. You all deserve it. Visit an ice cream shop, go to the park, go home and play a game… whatever that special fun time treat looks like, just get out and do it! You’re children are about to start school and right now is the perfect time to go soak up a little family time and make some memories!
- BONUS TIP: When all else fails just shop for your child’s clothing online. Add everything to your cart, pay, it’s all shipped to your house, Boom! You’re done! Whether you’re shopping in-store or online, Gymboree makes back-to-school super simple! And this also leaves you lots of time to go spend time with your kids and turn your shopping day into a play day!
Isn’t this hat just too cute?! It goes great with his new Gymboree football shirt!
BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT WITH BRIT + CO!
Moms around the country told Gymboree, “We want shopping to be FUN!” And it should be fun. With these 5 tips for shopping with kids you’re already well on your way to a happy shopping trip with your children this back to school season. Gymboree has partnered with Brit + Co to co-host awesome events in their stores. These events will feature creative back to school DIY hacks for your entire family and will take place August 17th. Visit www.gymboree.com/rsvp to RSVP for this event at your local Gymboree. I’ll be heading to our local Gymboree store to participate in this fun event and I can’t wait. Added bonus: You also get a special shopping offer during the event, so check it out!
Gymboree has adorable clothing for the babies and younger children but I’m seriously in love with their big kid clothing that goes up to size 12. Seriously though, isn’t my son totally rocking those awesome shoes and that cool outfit?! His fun personality shines right through his awesome style choices and I L-O-V-E it!!! This kid makes my heart happy. His favorites are the plaid shirt and the awesome jacket in the pictures above.
Enter to win a $50 Gymboree gift card!