I LOVE Halloween and while it’s not quite Halloween time yet I still wanted to share this awesome recipe for Halloween Monster donuts that I know you and your children will LOVE so you have a little Halloween inspiration when the time comes! If you’re looking for Halloween food ideas this will be the perfect addition to your Halloween dessert spread OR could make for a really fun Halloween brunch treat!
This post has a couple affiliate links for a few of the cool Wilton products we used.
HALLOWEEN MONSTER DONUTS RECIPE
– 1 box of cake mix (we used Krispy Kreme Cake Mix)
– 2 Eggs
– 2/3 Cup of Water
– 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
– Wilton Black Candy Melts
– Wilton Green Candy Melts
– Assorted Wilton Candy Eyes
– Wilton Donut Pan
– Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
– Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
– Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
– Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
– Let cool for 5 minutes.
– Melt black and green candy melts separately in microwavable bowls or with a Wilton Melting Pot.
– Dip the top of some donuts in black melts and some in the green melts.
– The melts harden pretty quickly, so place the candy eyes on top of the donuts as soon as you’ve topped 1-2 donuts. Continue until all donuts have eyes.
I hope you enjoy this fun (and super cute) Halloween donut treat! These Halloween Monster donuts are a perfectly spooky treat for your Halloween loving monsters to enjoy this Halloween season.