My name is Miranda and I have two awesome children, ages 9 and 15. I’m 31, married to the love of my life, and we have three dogs. I’m an accidental collector of cupcake stands and anti-aging face creams. I absolutely love being a mom. I’m a bit of a pinterest addict and I love crafting, photography, design, cooking, and blogging.
You might already know me. I began blogging in February of 2008 on my previous blog, Keeper of the Cheerios. During that time I attended events at Sears/Kmart Holding Corp. and Underwriters Laboratories in Chicago. I attended the BlogHer 2009 conference in Chicago and the 2010 Blissdom Conference in Nashville. In the past I’ve worked with Label Daddy, Lifetime Moms Affiliates, the Orlando CVB, and I was a White Cloud Mom brand ambassador. I was even featured in one of their magazine ads in All You magazine in 2010!
Additional Honors & Awards
Nielsen ratings online Power Mom 50 list in 2009
Keeper of the Cheerios – Queen Bee
In an effort to move forward after a rough and unexpected divorce in late 2010 I took a break from blogging to focus 100% on my children and began a new job that provided the steady income that at the time blogging just couldn’t. KOTC was a personal blog with so many stories and family photos. Our blogs become so much a part of who we are and our families that I didn’t know how to move forward. With the heaviest of hearts I let it go.
I created a fresh start with The Bright Side of Reality Mom Blog but I wanted to really nail down my niche so here I am at Crafty Housewife.
The focus of Crafty Housewife
The name says it all! Crafty Housewife focuses on homemaking, diy craft ideas, and food and recipes.
- Recipes I love and/or create with photos that highlight them in a fun way
- DIY craft ideas and tutorials
- Free Printables
- Party & Holiday Ideas
- Great ideas for simplifying the lives of busy moms
I would love to work with brands on an ongoing basis. I believe these relationships are important and while I have a lot of ideas to share of my own I’m always open to hearing new and creative ways that we can work together. I’m PR friendly and have ambassador experience. I would love to represent your company if it’s a great fit for both myself and my readers. I encourage you to reach out to me using my contact form in the menu above.
I love attending conferences geared towards women bloggers, craft bloggers, and food bloggers and would love to find some amazing brands to partner with who might be willing to sponsor conference passes, hotel, or flights in part or in full, in exchange for blog posts, social media outreach on behalf of your company, consulting, and so on. I would love to work together and find a plan of action that is right for you and your business . I utilize all major social media outlets including facebook, twitter, instagram, google+, and YouTube.
My Top 5 Most Popular Blog Posts
- How To Make Felt Food: The Best List of Felt Food Tutorials, Free Printable Patterns, and Ideas From Around the Web
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treat Bars
- Cute Halloween Food Ideas For Kids + Free Printable Straw Flags
- DIY Free Family Recipe Binder Organizer Kit Printable Set
- Halloween Party Ideas and Free Printables
Just for fun…
- My favorite movie is Sweet Home Alabama with The Proposal as a close second.
- I’m terrified of airplanes BUT my desire to see new places always wins so I suck it up and deal with it.
- I’ve sat on an alligator before while wearing a dress (see the picture above.) Note to self: always wear jeans on blogger trips.
- My favorite trip of all time was to the Sun Palace couples only resort in Cancun, Mexico. If you ever go, you MUST try their watermelon juice!
- I still know all of the words to all the Barney songs even though it’s been years since my kids have watched it.
- I’ve been to Disney World but I’ve only stepped foot into the Hollywood Studios park for a blog event. I want to see the castle so bad! I’ve never been to Disneyland either and I’m 31 years old.
- Go to Bora Bora. I want to stay in an over water bungalow.
- Travel to New York
- Visit the White House
- Learn to play the piano
- Go to Ireland
- Learn to drive a stick shift. I’ve always had automatic cars.